Monday, February 14, 2011

Lawnscaping Challenge

So I am totally in love with my Lawn Fawn stamps. They are even cuter than a baby bunny! I ran across the Lawnscaping Challenge blog and decided to give it a try. This week's theme is love, and in my kooky mind, I was inspired by the movie "The Shining" (based on Stephen King's super scary book).

Here's my card using 3 different sets of Lawn Fawn stamps (another one of my card making addictions!):


Isn't the typewriter stamp adorable? Anyhoo, I was looking at the typewriter, and I thought of the scene in the movie The Shining where Shelley Duvall finds the "book" Jack Nicholson has been writing for the past few months. Instead of a book, all of his pages say "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." I still get chills thinking about that scene!

So I made my own background paper using MS Word and made a slightly different mantra. I thought it was a sweet card for someone who misses their lovey dovey.My husband said it was a stalker card, though. Hmmph!

Here's the low-down on the card:
Stamps: Jessie's ABCs, Just My Type, How Delightful (the shine lines) are from Lawn Fawn
Paper: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink); red and blue (Bazzill)
Ink: Cranberry and Blue Stylus Set (Color Box); Coffee Bean Brilliance (Tsukineko); Tea Dye (Tim Holtz)
Other: Clear embossing powder; Notebook edge die (My Favorite Things)

Thanks for looking!

Jocelyn

6 comments:

  1. Ok, first of all - so cute! I love that you made your own background paper, very clever and PERFECT for the typewriter stamp. Second, how CLEVER that you add the shine lines from How Delightful to the typewriter paper! I love it. And third, I love your sentiment! This is an awesome card. I love it! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!!! I am so glad that you did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you're right, it's a little bit kooky, but it's a whole lotta fun too! Lol. I think it's hilarious, personally. Super cute job. Thanks so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super-fun card, Jocelyn! Your custom background paper looks awesome, and it cracked me up to read that, with a love theme, you were inspired by "The Shining". Ha! Proof that inspiration can come from anywhere. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'm on board. The background is fantastic! And the colors and mix of stamps are perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...such a creative card. Loved the background that you made, never thought of that. Awesome. I am loving your projects and off to check out more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs