Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Old-Timey Christmas

Hi! Last week at Two Peas, Polka Dot Pixels released a series of digital chalkboard elements. I always love seeing the new releases, but I was positively giddy when I saw her new Chalked Journaling Title Cards. I love the old-timey fonts and scroll work....just like title cards in silent movies. (*squeal*)

I was so excited to start playing with them, and the timing was perfect for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge. It's Color Splash time with the color maroon:


Using the journaling cards and these colors, I made a set of Christmas cards:


I'd love to say I pulled off Betsy Veldman-style stamping on these (like she did HERE), but the sentiments are the digital Chalked Journaling Cards.

I simply enlarged each journaling card, printed them, matted them on a piece of white cardstock, and adhered them to chevron paper. Other than spending a ridiculous amount of time deciding which shade of red chevron paper to use for the background (insert eye roll here), I made the set of cards in no time.

Here are four of the cards:




I think I'll be making more of these as last-minute Christmas cards... hee hee

Want to play along with this week's PDCC Color Splash? The winner will win a prize from the PDCC Prize Vault. You can link up your project HERE.

Thanks for looking!

Supplies
Cardstock: (Sweet Tooth) Stamp School
Patterned Paper: (Chevron Pack) Amuse Studio (thanks, Glenda!)
Digital element: (Chalked Journaling Title Cards) Polka Dot Pixels at Two Peas in a Bucket

18 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant! Love the classic design and fabulous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo! Love these - and yep, exactly like old-time movie titles. EVEN COOLER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the design.... simply wonderful!!! Gotta love the chevron!!!...hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the "chalkboard" cards with the maroon Chevrons!! Cute set Jocelyn!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so graphically wonderful! And I had to come see how you achieved the look (saw Betsy's post and PHEW!). But digital... that's interesting. And easy on my printer cartridge (well, not, but at least not the color toner).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwwwwwwwwwww!! These are FABULOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeee the sayings and love love love love love the chevron papers!!!! GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow you are amazing...these are FABULOUS...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh.MY.GOODNESS!!!! I absolutely LOVE these! Perfection in design! I'll let you guess which is my favorite! LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the old-timey look of the chalkboards!!! These are a lot of FUN Jocelyn! You captured the inspiration photo perfectly in look and in the era of the image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally in love here! Big time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jocelyn, these are fantastic!! I hear you on the trials of picking out a paper. This is perfect though. So right on trend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a modern feel to them!
    Love them Jocelyn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. these cards are so eye catching! the chalkboard look is so cool, i wouldnt have guessed it was digital print! and i also saw that Cath pinned these cards... congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW these are GREAT! I LOVE the deck the halls and the fancy flourish frame!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are AWESOME! Of course, it's hard to go wrong with such a perfect colour scheme. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOOOOOVE these! LOVE the patterned paper and the "chalkboard" look of the sentiments/center panel! YOU ROCK:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Killer cards Jocelyn!!! Totally perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs