Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Be Jolly

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday! I hope your week is going well.

I'm positively thrilled to be guesting with the My Favorite Things' Card Challenges team this month. Woo hoo! This week's challenge is a sketch, which you can find on the Challenge Team blog.

I flipped the sketch to make this card:


Be Jolly

I used the new Trim the Tree die to die-cut the tree from an "oops" watercoloring project. :) On the die-cut, I stamped the garland from the Trim the Tree stamp set in Gold and added a die-cut star from the same stamp and die set.

Next to the tree, I added one of the presents from the Trim the Tree set. The yellow really pops!


Be Jolly

I used the new Radial Stitched Circle STAX and blended Sno Cone ink to add some blue. It's hard to see, but I stamped (and stamped off) snowflakes from the Trim the Tree set in the same light blue. I added a little glitter to the edge of the circle die-cut.

In the background, I embossed the Four Way Chevron die--love that die!

Be Jolly

I hope you have a chance to play along with this week's challenge. You can see the sketch and details HERE. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps: (Trim the Tree) My Favorite Things
Dies: (Radial Stitched Circle STAX, Trim the Tree, Blueprints 13, Four-Way Chevron Cover-up) My Favorite Things
Ink: (Black Licorice Hybrid Ink, Lemon Drop Hybrid Ink, Sno Cone Premium Dye Ink) My Favorite Things; Delicata Gold Ink; (Black Velvet Color Shine) Heidi Swapp
Cord: (white) Hemptique
Sequin: (4mm Clear) Pretty Pink Posh


17 comments:

  1. Jocelyn I love how you created your pink tree - totally brings my Mom to mind - thank you!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO pretty! LOVE the soft water colour! FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love your take on the sketch. Fantastic colors. Love that tree ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you embossed the cover up and I love the stamping/painting of the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the watercolor dripped Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your tree turned out! (And thanks for justifying why I keep my "failed" attempts at watercolour panels. :P) The yellow definitely pops, and the entire design is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so pretty Jocelyn, love that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soooo very pretty :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous! I love that you made the tree from an "oops" - would never have guessed it though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous! I love that you made the tree from an "oops" - would never have guessed it though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable, J, I so love your STYLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card! I love the watercoloring and that bit of glitter that you added. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who makes boo boos on my cards and does a bit of surgery on them! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing!! It is so very beautiful card!! Just WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card! I love the combination of the watercolor with the gold! And all the texture around the circle and on the background is nice! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs